Role of a Topic Moderator
The role of Topic Moderator may be filled by an individual who:
- is willing to adopt the philosophy of problem solving described in the purposes and web site documents of the NewUSA Issues Forum™, and be respectful of the input and the authority of the Forum Administrator, the Forum Advisory Editorial Board, and the Forum Board of Directors, with regard to any posted comment, and especially any "Statement of the Problem or Current Forum Solution."
- submits a biographical sketch for consideration as a Topic Moderator, for each specific Topic of interest, per in the Forum website;
- will be open to ideas from, and to post solutions proposed and comments made, by persons of any civil political disposition
- will provide and post a "Statement of The Problem" for a topic suggested by the Moderator or a participant, after review of the statement by the Forum Administrator (and/or the Editorial Advisory Committee);
- will construct or adopt and post a "Current Forum Solution," or solicit input for the same from participants for review and adoption in part or whole and will take advantage of any comments received and/or posted to improve the currently posted "Current Forum Solution"
- will modify or suspend the "Current Forum Solution" when comments are contributed by Forum participants which indicate that it will lead to negative outcomes, and/or result in a violation of the purposes of the NewUSA Issues Forum™.
- has the time available to be a Topic Moderator; some topics may attract considerable public interest and participant input, and not responding will result in a loss of interest in ongoing participation. The Moderator has the option of temporarily closing the topic to public input, with the responsibility of re-opening the site within the time frame posted by the Moderator.
- be aware that the privileges of Topic Moderator of any topic may be canceled at any time without cause by the Founding Forum Administrator, or by a majority of the Members of the Forum Board of Directors, either with or without input from the Forum Advisory Editorial Board.
- be aware that no honorarium or compensation for time served can be expected, nor reimbursement for expenses be received, unless it has received prior approval by the Founding Forum Administrator or the Board of Directors.
Register as Moderator (Must be signed in as User first)